Monday, June 22, 2009

Thanks! (second handwritten letter dated June 9)

Dear Mom,

I have no idea when you're gonna get this, but you have probably already received an e-mail from me. The first day was incredibly hard, but I am grateful that you wrote me. Did you honestly write me a latter a week or more before I got in? LOL. Why?

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for coming out and helping me prepare and get ready before the MTC. I'm sure there are many elders here that didn't have these same privileges I had, and I wanted you to know that I was grateful. Very grateful. I'm glad you were able to to be there when I took out my endowments. It was a very special experience.

How is Turkmenistan?

I'm sure you have written me three times via e-mail by now, but I'm sure you like receiving handwritten letters as well. Just so you know my companion is Elder Olson. He is from Orange County, California, and I actually spoke with him on Facebook, because a mutual friend who knew about both of our mission calls introduced us.

I'm learning lots of Russian. It's coming back very quickly. I can pray, bear my testimony, and contact someone on the street. Only the first week.

Ya znaiyu chto u nas Nebescneiy Otets. On lyubit nas. Yevo plan prinasit schaste!
(I know that we have a Heavenly Father. He loves us. His plan brings happiness!)

I love you and so does our Heavenly Father.

Love,

Stareyshina Curran

No comments:

Post a Comment