Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Hello! from Elder Curran

So it has only been 6 days and so much has happened. . . first off the 2nd day there, the first day of classes I seriously almost came home. It was probably the longest and most miserable day of my life. We were in class for 16 hrs straight. Also I was not ready to wake up at 6:00 and was incredibly tired. Although I would never live that day over again I am so glad it happened because it woke me up to Mission Life and has helped me to appreciate the rest of my experiance thus far at the MTC.

My district, the 5 companionships that always meet together, is so diverse. Although most come from Utah or California, they each have their distinct personality trait that sets them apart. My Companion Elder Olson is SOOOOOO amazing. If if were not for him I would probably have gone insane. He is extremly down to earth and we actually were friends on Facebook b4. We had a mutual friend that knew both of our mission calls and we had a chance to talk via facebook chat before we came. Little to my surprise he was my companion, and I am truly grateful.

My good friend Sean Kemp who just got married told me about "treasure maps" that are left here throughout the MTC and left for Elders to find little left behind treasure. Sean actually found such a map and found 50 dollars in quarters. I told this story to my district and now we all are on a constant search for maps and treasure. Also I have convinced the entire zone that I graduated witha Talking Goat that recieved radioactive DNA manipulation in Chernobyl Ukraine and graduated with me in Uzbekistan. I think I'll tell them I was joking in a couple days.
Interesting Fact: some of the trees smell like cream soda and caramel apples. NO JOKE. Just like them.

There is a certain Elder, Elder Spjut (SPYUT) that looks and acts just like Dwight Schrute from "The Office" and we have all nicknamed him Dwight Spjut.

As for Russian, I am learning at a pace I have never imagined. Even though I knew quite a bit b4 I know so many new things. As of now, I can successfully pray, teach, and contact somone in Russian. WOW! I can't believe it. It's such a testimony of the power of the Spirit to see my companion and several other elders learn the same things in such a short amount of time when 7 days ago they didn't even know one letter in the alphabet. The Spirit in the MTC is incredibly strong. I have a theory that it's because everyone is contantly testifying here. Everytime a statement is said that is true the Spirit's job is to confirm it with that powerful feeling. Because of this powerful feeling, aka the Holy Ghost, I know that I have a Heavenly Father that loves me and has a plan for me. I am so grateful that we have a true and living Prophet to help guide us along with the spirit to make correct decisions!

On a less spiritual note I am working out every night with my companion, so I do not get fat because I eat more that a racehorse in this place. It's almost ridiculous. I should probably cut back.

VERY IMPORTANT : PLEASE WRITE ME FREQUENTLY !!!!! Letters are like gold and diamonds in this place. They are the highlight on my day and bring a smile to my face. I promise if you write me I will write you back ! My address is on my Facebook page. Also please tell anyone who knows me or is my friends or just some random guy you meet that wants to write me to use DEARELDER.com I get your letters the same day most of the time. I can only write emails on P day and I only get 30 min. So if you write me on Dearelder Ill write you a hand written letter back !!!!! SO tell every one the gospel (good word) of dearelder.com(I have already sent some of you written letters)the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ IS TRUE! and GOD lives. Communicate with him frequently. He loves to hear from you!

Sincerely,

Elder Curran.

PS fwd this to anyone who would like to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment