Friday, August 20, 2010

A Great Birthday

Re: Elder Curran

Hey

Okay so I must admit that I was too afraid that I might ruin his favorite dishes, so I ended up making one of my favorites -- chicken tacos. But I wrapped up a large bottle of Tabasco sauce for him and he was too funny to watch "how did you know that I LOVE this stuff." hee hee I told him that a little birdie told me. He kept telling me that this was the best birthday ever. I'm sure he was being polite as I'm sure he's had MUCH better birthdays before. but one thing that I know -- he will always remember how he felt on his birthday.

When the elders arrived today, they told us how they had mowed someone's lawn earlier in the day - randomly -- they knocked on the door and mowed the lawn as an act of service.

The after dinner we had our discussion and it was amazing. The Spirit was so strong and I know that she felt it as well. We ended it with a "low fat cheesecake" with fruit. I know that is an oxymoron, but I do make it with non-fat cream cheese, non-fat milk, and reduced fat nilla wafers. -- so it's pretty low. Your son told us how much he loved eating healthy and had a couple of pieces of what we call "cheese pie."

Anyways, all in all, he a good birthday. My friend even gave him a card with some cash, so guess he can treat himself to some sushi with that.

We thoroughly enjoy having the Elders here though - you did a great job raising him, mom!

Your friend in the gospel,

No comments:

Post a Comment